View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 04:10 PM   #7
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I have never seen Necker’s name spelled as it is in my edition, though; it is just a Project Gutenberg flaw (Neckar ) and the correct spelling prevails in other downloads?
In the edition from the Mobileread library, it's spelled "Necker".

Spoiler for chapter 11:
Spoiler:
It was a bit of a shock that the author killed off captain Hugues! He seemed like a competent person who could add some badly needed sense to the Comittee

I'm in chapter 18 now. I've been reading other stuff in between -- I admit I lost a lot of sympathy with the protagonist around the time I lost track of how many times he's switched loyalties back and forth. Now it seems he picks whatever cockade serves his own purposes at the moment.

I still want to see where the story goes, so I've definitively not given up on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I am disappointed that it wasn't the romance genre you were looking for. Romance isn't a genre I normally read, so was hoping for something a little different.
Maybe I'll try again some time later
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote