View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 09:57 AM   #69
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayala View Post
Tablet is different then e-ink for reading ereaders are superior here
That's certainly an opinion that many here have. I don't personally think eInk is a better reading experience. At all.

I do like my Kindle eInk for it's lightness. And, if I were to read outside, in the sun,not shade. Ok. There too. I just don't read under those conditions very often.

For everything else, I prefer a tablet or a phone for reading. The text is MUCH sharper than eInk. The screen response is instant. I can and do have color backgrounds and text to make the reading even more comfortable.

Even though I have the option for black text on white on my tablets, I never choose to read that way.

I do read a lot in dim rooms at night. I live in a climate that is dim for months at a time. I love not having to have a lamp on to read. And even though my eInk device is front lit and that's nice, it's not nearly as nice as a dark background and very muted text. That is VERY comfortable on my eyes.

My apps have more reading features than my eInk reader.

And I like all the other things my tablets and phone do. I'm someone who can manage to "read when I want to read" without being distracted just because my device can do other things.

So no, the way I read - eInk isn't even close to being superior. It's quite a bit inferior.

I just realize it's a personal thing and not an absolute truth. I have no issue with someone preferring eInk. There are many reasons too. The nonsense are those who've said all along that reading on anything else but eInk or paper "hurts your eyes, ...science!...". That was and still is, complete and utter nonsense.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote