View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 10:35 PM   #91
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Having just done a post which has now disappeared because I was timed out, here goes again.

I am running behind my own timetable, but have finally arrived at Book 7. I found much of the section covering Books 4 to 6 was heavy going, especially the really earnest sections such as Mordecai’s club meeting.

Certainly for me, as for others, the Gwendolen storyline is much more gripping than that of Daniel. I thought the following in Chapter 35 summed up her horrible situation perfectly:

Quote:
Her confidence in herself and her destiny had turned to remorse and dread; she trusted neither herself nor her future.
I live in hope of Grandcourt coming to a sticky end, given our preparation for that with the mention of his will.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 07-02-2021 at 10:37 PM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote