View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #13
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Fair warning: I have *no* idea what all this is for xD.

The modern variant of this appears to be something like that, although that's not actually aimed at boards w/ an EPDC, which use an older kernel. Also possibly not aimed at the right boards *at all* (that certainly targets at *least* an i.MX6 w/ a Vivante GPU, which I don't think is the case on Kindle & Kobo, we only have the PXP).

I think *someone* managed to dig up the proper tree from NXP a few months ago (possibly on the Kobo forum), FWIW.

----

Back on planet Earth, IIRC, on Kindle, the actual job of requesting eInk refreshes is deferred to awesome via the ligl lua bindings.
That said, I never really looked all that much into it, short of enabling debug logging to mimic its behavior in KOReader.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-03-2019 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Re-read the datasheets. No Vivante.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote