View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 04:29 AM   #49
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you want to attract hummers, be sure to plant Red Hot Poker plants: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kniphofia_uvaria . Their blooms are irresistible to hummingbirds.

Will that work for us too ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I don't have a garden, so I thought I would post a photo of my indoor tomatoes They are the first thing I try to grow, and I'm amazed they made it this far. They look better IRL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Actually I realized afterward I posted the wrong photo, this one is one or two weeks old. They are higher now, but still spindly (not as much as they look on the photo though).

Yes, they are They will get all the sun they want in a few weeks, when I put them on the balcony. But I think it's too soon now. And of course, they need to survive the re-potting first. I have no idea how to do that
Try adding some tinfoil along the wall so that they get some light from both directions.,... they're looking good, though - better than mine this year (we're going to have to find some in the garden centres !) ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote