Thread: TCL NxtPaper 11
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 08:45 AM   #108
Gormagon
monstrous mythical beast
Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gormagon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tab Ultra C, Meebook P78 Pro, TCL 40Nxtpaper, TCL Nxtpaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
Microsoft gives awesome reading tools in Edge, the reading mode and read aloud, puls now the bing copilot. I use it for reading web content, it's the best browser for that task.
Ok, using a browser for web content makes sense. I wasn't so sure what you meant by "mobile reader" in your previous post.

I haven't tried all dedicated ebook reader apps on android but there must be some that can use Google's speach synthesis. My Meebook has this feature in the build in reading app, the app is quite good, by the way. I tried it once, just to hear what it sounds like, it wasn't that bad. But I really don't like audio books, I rather read myself so I haven't any real use for this feature.

The TCL 40 NxtPaper has a dedicated headphone jack, by the way.

I just installed Edge via Aurora Stroe, out of curiosity to see if it freezes my TCL NP 11. It doesn't. I could visit the mobileread website (which presented me with a cookie choice, which reminded me why it is important to deactivate JavaScript and cookies in every browser I use) and also ask copilot a question (the answer was followed by some ads, won't use it again then).
Edge works when Google Play services are disabled, which is good, some apps don't work with the disabled services.
I haven't tried more with Edge and uninstalled it right away.

Maybe you could specify under what conditions Edge freezes on your NP 11?
Gormagon is offline   Reply With Quote