View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 10:11 AM   #75
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
And you can only say Kobo doesn't do that, until they do.

People used to think Amazon would never delete anything either ... until they did.

Security is a proactive concept, not a reactive one. Don't wait until something has already happened to you before you take steps to protect yourself from it, if it's a plausible potential future occurrence. And seeing other companies do it definitely makes it plausible that your company might do it too.
As I have multiple backups of my books and I don't highlight/take notes, I'm not really worried if Kobo will do it some day or not. I can easily reload my books. Of course, from that day on I would never switch wifi on again (I do it very seldom anyway). The main advantage of the airplane mode for me is to avoid updates I might not like. Again, not a concern with a Kobo, as you can go back to a previous firmware any time.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote