View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 11:19 PM   #70
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
This solution is so obvious it escaped me
If I remember what I did in this regard, I'm thinking that in order to change (or delete) the WiFi password you have to take the thing out of airplane mode. And this would expose it to an internet connection - which is what you are trying to avoid in the first place. To prevent this, you can disable your router that it currently knows how to connect to - disconnect its WAN cable, or turn off it's power. Or just carry the PaperWhite down the street to where it is not in range of your WiFi. That should allow you to safely exit airplane mode so you can delete the password. I cannot remember if this is what I did, it was so long ago. Possibly I just changed my routers WiFi password instead. In this case, the PaperWhite would still have a WiFi password in its memory, but it would be the wrong password, thus useless.

I cannot remember which of these two routes I took to disable the PaperWhite's WiFi password. It was many years ago.

Last edited by haertig; 12-27-2023 at 11:27 PM.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote