View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 05:33 PM   #68
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
If there is an easy hack to permanently disable the WiFi antenna, I'd love to hear about it.
If the PaperWhite does not know any of the logins/passwords to connect to your WiFi (or any other WiFi), then it effectively is in permanent airplane mode even if you accidentally turn on its WiFi radio.

My PaperWhite is permanently in airplane mode on the device, and the device doesn't know any WiFi passwords to any networks, and my home router is set to unceremoniously dump any network connections to/from my PaperWhite's MAC address. So I have a fallback to the fallback to keep it offline. "Layers of protection" is the name of the game in network security.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote