View Single Post
Old 12-19-2023, 07:38 PM   #65
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielsalder View Post
Necro-ing this thread because I have just had the same issue as OP.

I have never touched Kindle Unlimited nor had library loans on my Kindle. I went on a trip and put the device on airplane mode for about a month, and when I came back all of my non-Amazon books (sideloaded via USB) except the one I was currently reading had gone poof.

Clearing filters didn't fix the issue. I connected my Kindle to my computer to check the data, and I confirmed that the ebook files themselves were deleted. I've lost all my highlights, notes and reading progress from dozens of books.

I found multiple threads on Reddit where people are experiencing the same issue (books deleted after connecting to internet after weeks/months in airplane mode):

Thread 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comments/14il149/all_the_books_transferred_from_calibre_have/?share_id=71e38VHuX6BtA4ZhaX9GH&utm_content=1&utm_ medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source= share&utm_term=1]Thread 2

I've retransferred the books, but I am an EXTREMELY unhappy customer. Does anyone know what's happening?? Is this a one-off bug or a new anti-DRM thing?
I've had it happen once over a year ago but never again. It's not a repeat issue that I've seen. Hopefully it's not a new DRM thing like Spotify does.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote