View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 09:57 AM   #27
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Exactly how is calibre with DeDRM not easy? Please explain so we can help.
You aren't allowed to make it clear as it's against the forum policies. But - in the interest of "what would clear look like".

A single page/thread that is kept up to date. Not a 50k post thread that you have to troll through trying to piece together "what is the latest".

The "kept up to date" post would have:
- links to the latest versions of Calibre and Plugin that work
- links to the "last official working copies of the kindle app" for those who use that method
- step by step "how to"
- list of file formats able to be liberated, and which one's are not yet

And this post would be kept up to date. When Calibre comes out with a new version that breaks with the plugin - you'd keep that page up to date to let folks know to not upgrade yet.

A FAQ - for all the frequently asked questions.

I now have built my own version of this desired document. I don't do this all the time, and I'll come try to liberate some books and find "it stopped working". And I have to track down all this information. And it's not easy. Even when I'd done it successfully before. And before that. And before before that.

Every time it's a complete hassle and the 50k post thread is a hassle to sift through trying to find out the latest.

Alf no more, but now it's Apprentice Harper....but no more it's NoDRM...but not the "released" version, the beta or the alpha, that's the real version to trust.

Seriously folks. The solution is hard to get working and is not stable over time.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote