View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #26
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I thought the point was to encourage participation by having an open discussion and gathering input, not some arbitrary rush to begin by a certain date. Here's one prospective participant out till December or so before the new book club even begins.

Because those books were not mentioned in the thread where the discussion started. In fact, the reason I listed the books I'd like to read is that I misread the initial post here and assumed the three books were mere proposals, and that further proposals would be welcome. Clearly not.

Wrangling is just another word for discussion. Good luck, and see you all in December. Maybe.
I am mildly interested in the possibility of reading some classics and may or may not do so depending on what else is going on in my life. Therefore, I don't have a big personal interest in which books are proposed at this time.

But like you, I was surprised that this went from "let's start a classics club" in the other thread to "here are the books" in this thread, apparently based on previous discussions that took place elsewhere. I just wanted to let you know you were not alone!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote