View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 12:09 PM   #23
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Given the input so far, I’d propose for a schedule:

May 15: Daniel Deronda
Aug 15: East Lynne
Nov 15: Don Quixote

This breaks up the two serious works with the lighter selection and postpones Don Quixote until the end, when a substitution could be made if it were thought it wouldn’t work out.
I am ready to hop on this train!

Standard Ebooks just released a nice edition of Daniel Deronda.

I'd never heard of East Lynne. ETA - I didn't realize that it is in the Patricia Clark Library - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21357

Did we have in mind the most recent translation of Don Quixote by Edith Grossman?

Last edited by astrangerhere; 04-21-2021 at 12:15 PM.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote