View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:17 AM   #22
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Surely the point of this new Classics Salon - I do like the term - is that we get it up and running quickly for those who want to take part. For those who don't, that's fine. No-one is expected to want to read all the books.
I thought the point was to encourage participation by having an open discussion and gathering input, not some arbitrary rush to begin by a certain date. Here's one prospective participant out till December or so before the new book club even begins.

Quote:
I think it's a good idea to get things started while people are discussing it, and why not start with books that have already been mentioned as being of interest.
Because those books were not mentioned in the thread where the discussion started. In fact, the reason I listed the books I'd like to read is that I misread the initial post here and assumed the three books were mere proposals, and that further proposals would be welcome. Clearly not.

Quote:
Let's see how we go and tweak things along the way. But please don't let's get bogged down in wrangling over why this book was nominated and that one wasn't. It would be such a pleasure just to get on with reading and discussion.
Wrangling is just another word for discussion. Good luck, and see you all in December. Maybe.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote