View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:59 PM   #19
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Surely the point of this new Classics Salon - I do like the term - is that we get it up and running quickly for those who want to take part. For those who don't, that's fine. No-one is expected to want to read all the books.

I think it's a good idea to get things started while people are discussing it, and why not start with books that have already been mentioned as being of interest.

I think starting with Eliot, then having a go at the melodrama of East Lynne and finally tackling Don Quixote once we have really hit our collective stride is a good suggestion. I see the Eliot is available in the MR Library, and thanks for the heads up on the free audio book, Charlie.

Let's see how we go and tweak things along the way. But please don't let's get bogged down in wrangling over why this book was nominated and that one wasn't. It would be such a pleasure just to get on with reading and discussion.

Last edited by Bookpossum; 04-20-2021 at 10:35 PM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote