View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 06:47 PM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The reason for the selections of Don Quixote and Daniel Deronda has been given twice now. And “hard no” needs to be backed up with a substantive reason based on merit why it’s not a good choice. George Eliot is one of the greatest Victorian novelists so it’s a matter of bemusement.

With a list of three, no one’s going to get exactly what she or he wants, but it’s hoped that the list is intriguing enough to get people to participate. The books are free, so where’s the downside in giving them a try?
One minute we were kicking around the idea, and the next minute, bam, here are the choices. I expected that those of us who were discussing classics in the other thread would have some input.

I don't need a reason for not wanting to read these books. Two of them simply don't appeal to me at all.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote