View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
atl068
atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.atl068 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Onyx Boox m96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosa_WM View Post
I'm using the same firmware, and the USB connection works fine. I rooted the device by installing towelroot through an SD card.
Towelroot... I tried that, from towelroot.com (official site?) and installed and started it. Then I clicked on "make it ra1n"... waited overnight, and nothing else displayed. I tried root checker basic after that and it is still not rooted. Do we really have the same firmware and device? Mine is a plain vanilla m96 with onyx boox latest rom as above. Happy for any further help here.

I will look for a different cable. Alas, my last cable actually almost killed my device. I had to open the case, push one of the pins back in place (yes, it was sticking to the back of the mini-usb connector)... otherwise my m96 stopped charging altogether. So perhaps it wasn't the new ROM, but another pin might also be faulty in my onyx boox thanks to a low quality cable (i think i used the supplied cable... I'm now using a different cable from my very old USB hub that used mini-USB).
atl068 is offline   Reply With Quote