View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 05:39 PM   #24
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
Now I’m second guessing myself, in terms of the school issues. Maybe as an author, Rebanks was trying to strictly maintain a thirteen year old’s voice in that chapter. In that case, he wouldn’t offer his reflections from an adult perspective, even if he was uncomfortable and felt regret.
I think that is exactly what he was doing, Victoria. And I don’t think he was telling us about it because he was proud of his behaviour. He was giving us a “warts and all” picture of his life and also his behaviour.

In the same way, he wrote of his conflict with his father when he was some years older than the schoolboy.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote