View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #21
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I gave the book 4 out of 5 stars, marking it down for the points that both of you make. I really liked the format and how it was structured in a creative take on time (one of the main themes of the book). I think that Rebanks had enough talent that with the publisher's help he could have taken the book to an even greater level of writing than it achieved. While Helen MacDonald said "It's Bloody Marvelous," I don't think that the book was on the same quality level as her memoir, H is for Hawk.
I agree with you Bookworm_Girl: H is for Hawk is a wonderful book, and so that quote on the cover from Helen MacDonald jumped out at me. The book certainly didn't strike me as being "bloody marvelous".

I gave it three stars, as I did enjoy it. I gave MacDonald's book five stars, which I do only rarely.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote