View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 03:23 PM   #71
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
To bring back Joy & Delight, as a kid, I loved movie novelizations (and to a lesser extent, I still do). Star Wars and especially The Hobbit*, The Dark Crystal and Gremlins.

I realized reading those books let me spend more time in worlds/stories that I already loved and gave me a richer experience than just watching the film alone.

It's a shame the way they have faded. They were a good way to get a book into the hands of a reluctant reader.

*I'm well aware The Hobbit is not a novelization. But I did see the animated version before I read the book.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 01-11-2024 at 03:26 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote