View Single Post
Old 08-28-2021, 07:17 AM   #41
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
I managed to replace the battery. The hardest part was to remove the old one. It was firmly glued to the thin aluminum body which made me nervous to apply force to remove it. Secondly the wires were soldered with some really hard tin. In the end I just cut them out rather than de-soldering. Interestingly the red wire was soldered to a pod with '-' symbol, the black wire to a pod with '+' symbol

Anyway I installed this battery, from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002608197116.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	rograpo.png
Views:	231
Size:	922.2 KB
ID:	188964

Surprisingly it was produced for a german company "E-CrossStu Gmbh"

What was nice the battery was provided with a plug which fitted in the empty socket on the board so I didn't have to solder the wires.

Unfortunately that's where the good news end. It doesn't work well yet. It was charged at ~50% when I installed it. I charged it to 100% and started using it, then I noticed that it seems to drop the charge quicker than I expected so I opened youtube via the built-in browser. It took about 30 minutes of watching videos to make the tablet die suddenly at about 40%. I'm charging it again but the battery meter started from 11%. In the end I hope it's just a matter of calibration by doing a full charge/discharge cycle.

Anyway, it's suspicious. The original battery was working well, then one day it started to drain quickly and switch off at about 47%. I thought it was just a battery issue but now I'm puzzled. Maybe it's caused by the firmware update. Perhaps I should also try to wipe out the device and start from scratch.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote