notwaiting
notwaiting began at the beginning.

Device: mimas a2 a5 max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlslzrvc View Post
Hi,

Finally I have managed to replace battery. [...]

3.7 v 4100 mAh 3 wire lipo battery; size: 2.6 mm x 80 mm x 159 mm [...]

When I was totally disappointed I came on local battery repair shop that was willing to modify one of the batteries which they sells. It was Asus Nexus battery
https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-B.../dp/B01HNSCD88

The battery has got 6 wires, they replaced it with PCB from my battery which has got 3 wires. I got the new battery for 30 euros. I hope it will last more than original one.
Thinking of ordering one. Is that possible/easy to do manually? Anyone? Or might somewhere local do it? I use my max2 as a monitor constantly in fast refresh so I know the battery will die at some point.

The power bank solution could be OK. I use a laptop, so I could just keep it powered by the usb port, but the ones on my laptop have a tendency for a faulty connection, so I too would probably use a power bank in between the laptop and the monitor, with the added benefit that I could reboot without worrying (as much) about the monitor cutting out.

This "cutting out", however, is exactly what caused a previous device to take its last breath, after its battery stopped working, namely, the n96ml: another onyx model.

Last edited by notwaiting; 05-27-2020 at 06:48 AM.
notwaiting is offline   Reply With Quote