View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Why do you keep buying more e-books?

As with most of us here, my TBR is big enough for at least the next 25 years, or if I would read everything I bought (thus reading each and every novel, play, and biography in the Delphi Classics, for example), my TBR would probably extend beyond my projected life span.

Still, I sometimes buy a new book, or start reading a public domain book that was previously not on the list. I can understand that: monkey see book, monkey read book (if it's interesting), moving it to the top of the TBR pile.

However, there probably are people around here who have thousands of books already, one or more subscriptions such as Baen or Robot Trading Company, AND library cards, who are still actively buying and seeking out new books.

What I'd like to know: if you have so many books already that you can't possibly read all of them, why do you still buy more? (And I don't mean one book to read right now because you feel like it, but by the batch; be they free or paid, that doesn't matter.)

And there are people around here doing just that, or there wouldn't be an e-book addiction self-help thread

Does e-books set people to hoarding, in a way paper books (mostly...) don't, just because they don't take any extra physical space?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote