View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 09:05 AM   #11
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The MTP does allow an ext4 partition, which wouldn't work easily with Mac or Windows. Mass Storage usually uses FAT32, or maybe exFAT above 32 G. Amazon may have swapped to better support 64G and larger storage on Scribe.
My 256G SD Cards and micro SD Cards in Camera (Mass Storage mode) or Tablet (Android MTP) both use exFAT.
From what I'm reading, it seems despite the file system used, MTP can only help with prevention of corruption if certain OS flags are used in conjunction with this protocol. Most of what I read has been about Linux using MTP.

The cynic in me is more inclined to believe adoption of MTP by the likes of Amazon is more about DRM implementation than anything else. After all, MTP was designed specifically for this purpose afaik.
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote