View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 02:41 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaston View Post
The MTP format would be better because my Forma database is constantly corrupting right now and MTP prevents this. However, being slower and not allowing access to the file system means it's a no from me. I had no idea the Scribe was built without mass storage access.
An interesting claim that MTP would prevent database corruption. Unless you are referring to Amazon's removing user access to the database as preventing database corruption?

On the Forma's database corruption, this appears to be due to either the KoboReader.sqlite or the BookReader.sqlite not being properly closed before the USB connection is completed. If you look at the contents of the .kobo directory, you will see those two databases plus <databasename>.sqlite-wal and <databasename>.sqlite.shm (write ahead logging and shared memory) for either one or both of them if the databases were not properly closed.

This is why for now, I reboot my Sage before connecting to the computer. NickelMenu makes this an easy task and take a <10 seconds.

For me, this was more acceptable than reverting to 4.35.20400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaston View Post
I'm really torn as I wanted something bigger than my Forma and the Sage screen is the same size.
There are two new Kobo devices listed at the FCC but the ghods alone know when the N428 listed on 2023-Oct-18 or the N365 listed on 2023-Dec-24 are going to be released though it's generally been 3-4 months from FCC listing to release.

BadeReader has stated a belief that the N428 will be a Kobo Sage 2e or a Kobo Libra 2e but going by their track record, this is likely totally incorrect.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote