View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 12:46 PM   #4
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I can't get TTS in Google PlayBooks or Pocketbook to work on my Android eink. Works fine on my Alcatel, Oppo and Huawei phones. Works well on my Lenovo tablet or the new more paper-like TCL NxtPaper 11 tablet.

The later Kindles don't have TTS for regular use, they have an entire voice mode user interface for blind & partially sighted. You can't just simply run TTS while you read and use the regular GUI like on the old Kindle DXG and K3, or on Android with Pocketbook or Playbooks. Pocketbook android ereader app is one of the best anyway. The only value in Google Playbooks is unliberated Google content (as per Kindle App needed for KU).
TTS works fine on my Likebook using Play Books and Pocketbook, with Google Speech Recognition installed. The nice thing about Play Books TTS is that you can select More Natural Reading Voice in settings and the quality is quite good, though you have to have Wi-Fi on to use it.

But if OP is taking short eye rest breaks while reading, it seems that a dedicated Pocketbook device is the simplest solution.

Last edited by Desertway; 02-13-2024 at 12:54 PM.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote