View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 07:49 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
My understanding is that you aren't going to do better than the Pocketbook line for a dedicated eInk device with integrated and easy to use TTS. It's a complete pain on Kindle, and Kobo (as far as I know) doesn't have it.

The other option would be to buy an Android eInk device and use the Pocketbook app or the Google Play app, both of which have easy to use TTS. But Android eInk isn't for everyone.
I can't get TTS in Google PlayBooks or Pocketbook to work on my Android eink. Works fine on my Alcatel, Oppo and Huawei phones. Works well on my Lenovo tablet or the new more paper-like TCL NxtPaper 11 tablet.

The later Kindles don't have TTS for regular use, they have an entire voice mode user interface for blind & partially sighted. You can't just simply run TTS while you read and use the regular GUI like on the old Kindle DXG and K3, or on Android with Pocketbook or Playbooks. Pocketbook android ereader app is one of the best anyway. The only value in Google Playbooks is unliberated Google content (as per Kindle App needed for KU).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote