Thread: Clara 2E What power adapter for kobo?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 06:47 PM   #40
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Most chargers won't do that. That would need two chargers in the one box.
Two modest chargers will be much cheaper, able to charge in two places and more likely to work.
A 100W charger is for a laptop.
The 165W multi-port charger I'm currently using at home has 1 USB-C port that can supply up to 65W which would allow me to use it to replace my small laptop charger in an emergency. The other three USB-C ports and the 2 USB-A ports can supply 20W maximum. At one point for the heck of it, I plugged my laptop into the PD port and 5 other devices (iPad, iPhone, Kobo Sage, Lenovo M8 FHD, Xfinity flashlight) into the others. The charger started sucking about 1.2 amps from the 120V AC (nominal) line and after 5 minutes was noticeably warm but didn't get much warmer over 20 minutes. An advantage to using gallium nitride instead of silicon.

On a related note, my 145W laptop adapter (affectionately known as the brick) uses GaN and is noticeably cooler when powering my laptop and docking station than the 65W adapter powering the laptop alone.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote