View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 07:52 PM   #832
kindlenjoyer
kindlenjoyer began at the beginning.

Device: KOA
Talking Kindle Oasis KOA (G0B0GU) jailbreak success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlenjoyer View Post
To reiterate my progress attempting the jailbreak:
I have a KOA, specifically a Kindle Oasis 3G + WiFi 8th Gen (G0B0GU) running on 5.16.2.1.1. I've followed this guide ...
Success! After fiddling around with my kindle a bit more I managed to finally jailbreak it and install KOReader.

I'm posting the different steps I took from the guide from anyone else encountering the same issue. Note that I'm not sure if they're all necessary, but I'm not going to try the procedure all over again.

So:

1) Before starting the procedure, I factory reset the device
2) Then I reinstalled the 5.16.2.1.1 image
3) Then started the procedure normally
4) At step 10 I copied all the contents of the LanguageBreak folder except the .demo folder. I used the 1.0.2 release (though again, I doubt this makes a difference)
5) For step 15 I did the same as above, skipping the .demo folder
6) After copying the files in step 15, I ejected the device from my pc but didn't unplug the cable. Let it sit like that for a couple of minutes. Then finally unplugged the usb cable from the pc and turned on the device (step 16).

And I was finally at the language select screen! I selected Chinese (though the Pseudot option was missing). Then the device tried to connect to wifi. Curiously the UI remained in English instead of switching to Chinese. Because of the 3G connectivity it then wanted to connect to an Amazon account. The only way to get past that screen, from experience in my previous attempts, is to either:
1) Go somewhere with no signal, click sign up with amazon account and after it doesn't find any signal select set up later, OR
2) Restart the device

After getting tired of waiting for the signal search to time out, I just restarted the device. Booted into English non demo mode. First I installed Marek's hotfix from the latest version (1.0.2.1), then installed NiLuJe's hotfix, after that KUAL/MRPI (following this guide) and finally KOReader.

And now the fun begins!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-20-00-53-53-789.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	693.5 KB
ID:	207726   Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-20-02-49-39-181.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	557.9 KB
ID:	207727  
kindlenjoyer is offline   Reply With Quote