View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 07:34 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For converting web pages to PDF, I use the Print Edit extension for Firefox. You can strip out all the pieces of the web page you don't want before exporting to PDF.

To convert to Epub, there's not really an all-in-one solution because every web page is different. I haven't really tried PDF-to-Epub from pages I've exported with Print Edit, because if I'm mostly interested in text then I'll generally reformat it manually, and if the layout is important then PDF is a more appropriate format anyway.

As for exporting from Calibre, I can't help you with it not detecting your SD card, but with a decent Save-to-Disk template you should be able to export to a temporary folder on your hard drive then copy manually to the SD card of your reader.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote