View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Converting Web Pages for E-Reader?

I prefer to read online articles and stories on my e-reader to avoid arm strain, eye strain, etc. from my computer.

I haven't worked out a good consistent workflow for this. I usually switch to reader view, if it is available, and save as either html [which I'd need to convert], epub, or pdf. I discard most of these after reading, but keep some.

Anyway, it results in a mess of inconsistent formatting and bad metadata.

Does anyone know of a good workflow for this, on the Mac and the Iriver Story Hd [which can't read Html or Txt]?

Does it work better to use Grabmybooks, Dotepub [which doesn't appear in the Forefox extensions list], or the Html -> Epub conversion in Calibre [which catastrophically fails with Google translate pages]?

I think if I were to do things through Calibre, I'd need at least one library for unread files and another for read files. I'd also like to replace the existing files in some libraries with cleaner versions.

I think I'd need a good way to export from Calibre libraries too. So far, Calibre doesn't detect the sd card on the Iriver. I can only export to the device's main card, and I end up with a number of folders, one per author, none by genre, on root. I end up copying directly from the Calibre Library, to avoid all this trouble.

Ideas?
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote