View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:24 PM   #70
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
To recapitulate:

First you choose how you want to run reader programs, i.e. what program you want to use for that purpose. Then install chosen program.
In my case, KSM version 08 is already installed. At least it says 08 under "info"; upon poweroff it says 07.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Afterward, just copy Plato zip file content in .adds/plato directory you created.

That's it, you have Plato and you run it depending on software you choose to run it (each software have its own way, consult instructions per software how to do that).

Simple, isn't it.
Yes, sounds simple, which is why I tried it a bunch of times last year. However, nothing showed up in my KSM. I have also tried to follow several different instructions, all with equally non-existent results. And nothing showed up in my KSM this time either.

I was rather excited about these "one-click" packages because they promise to make the installation simpler than ever, but unfortunately they again deliver no results for me. The fact seems to be that it's not that these packages "are not meant" for those who have KSM, but rather if you have KSM then the packages will not work no matter what. The user *must not* have KSM, then the packages would work (maybe, because I won't uninstall my KSM to try).

I have about three decades of experience as a computer user and I have installed hundreds of programs hundreds of times, following all sorts of instructions, including building packages and hunting for dependencies. Please listen: Installing this Plato thing is not simple at all. With my experience, I most definitely can tell when an installation is simple and when it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's not just the color. It's also lifted out in a quote box.
Yes, that's true. And it's a good thing!

Last edited by mobama; 02-22-2019 at 12:27 PM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote