View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #56
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
It saves time and expenses the publishers are paying people to scan and ocr for them etc will be charging authors for it probably. I remember Walter Jon Williams when he wanted to republish his back list and the copyright had transferred back to him he just got the pirated ebooks properly formated
WJW started with the pirated ebooks, but he copyedited them to make sure they were accurately OCRd. Norman Spinrad used pirated ebooks when he published his backlist, but he didn't copyedit them. I picked up a copy of Mindgames when it was free, and it was a mess. As far as I know, he still hasn't cleaned it up.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote