View Single Post
Old 03-10-2024, 12:39 PM   #130
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I liked the Oasis display too... until I got the Kobo Libra 2. The display on my Libra is miles better, both contrast/sharpness and frontlight. Ofc the Oasis still has some advantages - it's lighter, faster, the buttons are better. But oh that screen on the Libra... I fell in love with it immediately.

Not all people were lucky with their Libras, though - apparently some devices have green-tinted frontlight. The light on mine is perfect, however. My Oasis 3 was yellower (when not using the warm light) and it bothered me in some environments.
I got my hands on a Paperwhite Signature (setting up for a family member). As JSWolf implies later in this this thread, the screen is comparable to my Oasis 3. The more I twiddled with it the more I liked it. I did miss the buttons when I used it in bed - I do a lot of reading there. I didn't miss the buttons as much when I read with the Paperwhite in a chair.

Your post makes me curious about the Kobos. When my Oasis declines further I'll be looking that way. Thanks!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote