View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 11:25 PM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Okay, I have had some limited success having my update.bin file run a RUNME.sh script on /mnt/us, BUT it cannot log to a file, or create a file, on /mnt/us. Any command that redirects STDOUT to a file fails. Even "touch /mnt/us/LOGFILE.txt" fails (with an "fd error"). However, I now know it runs because I am using eips to write to the display from RUNME.sh, and I can see that just fine. RUNME.sh also seems to fail when reading files from /mnt/sh, so though I have made progress, there are still some bugs to work out.

After the framework shuts down on the K1, things get rather weird, it seems. When I thought that scripts on /mnt/us were not running, I was apparently wrong -- they just cannot leave any evidence (other than on eink) that they ran. Strangely, running /mnt/mmc/RUNME.sh works as expected, so I knew it was working straight away.

More investigation to come. Again, my goal is a simple "shared file" terminal program to provide root shell without network or serial port access. This could also be useful for other kindle models, provided you can launch an update*.bin install package, or other method to launch a script on the kindle such as "certain secret persistent kindle bug" (no hints for lab126) commands.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote