View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 05:58 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by srv181 View Post
I work with Calibre every day, often adding or removing books. Right now, my full text database is 3.5 Giga. Since I am syncing my Calibre Folder for the library with OneDrive, this means that the .db gets uploaded constantly. Yesterday I uploaded (unintentionally) more than 15 GB because of this.

Is there some way to pause indexing so that the .db does not get a new time stamp?

What happens if I turn off the indexing option in the full text window? Does the existing file get deleted or does it just stop indexing new things.

I would be happy to turn it off and only restart indexing once a week or so.

Thanks for any tips you may have,
Susanne
Live syncing your calibre library to the cloud (OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud, GoogleDrive etc) or any other form of network storage should be avoided, see ==>> I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

Live Syncing: running the sync tool and calibre concurrently - i.e. at the same time.

What is your reason for syncing the library to OneDrive? Do you need the full text search database to be there?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote