View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 08:13 AM   #18
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
An oversight, most probably. But they do deserve it, going for underhand practices like that. I just hope some of the money does trickle down to those deserving of Clavell's royalties, if there are any.

Shogun is a great read. A bit naive and action oriented, but still more faithful to the topic that most modern Samurai novels, be they western or Japanese. I think that his King Rat is even better. Great POW novel. I got lost with his Hong Kong novels, and never read more from him.
My only complaint with Shogun is his changing the names of the historical characters. It is the same as reading a historical novel of the American Revolutionary War and having George Washington and other characters names changed.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote