View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #54
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
You shouldn't need to find the plugin to clear the tags.
You can manipulate the marked books hash directly in your plugin.

Options I would suggest
  • reset the hash to {} in an optional first item in the chain
  • if you have an option to set a named mark for affected books, also have an option to clear previous marks by that name, and delete them from the hash directly
I specifically made it in a way that enables the user to set more than one mark per book for whatever purpose he wants, without overwriting any pre-existing marks from other plugins for example.

In light of this, deleting all marks (from all sources) is something that I'd like to leave to the user to decide according to his needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
if you have an option to set a named mark for affected books, also have an option to clear previous marks by that name
That option is already there.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote