Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 01:37 PM   #68
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodman View Post
It says in the Scribe blurb on Amazon that:

You can import personal documents via Send to Kindle. You can write directly on the page in PDF documents. You can import and create handwritten sticky notes in Microsoft Word docs and web articles, with adjustable font sizes and layout. You can also create handwritten sticky notes in TXT, RTF, HTM, HTML, PNG, GIF, JPG, JPEG, BMP and EPUB documents.

Does this mean the Scribe will allow ePubs to be imported and read, as I don’t see how else sticky notes could be created for them?
I believe that, as it says, EPUB will be supported using Send to Kindle. That means it will be converted to a Kindle format using Amazon's servers and delivered that way to the device. The notes will then be associated with the Kindle copy. The same would hold true for RTF and HTML documents.

I don't know for sure but I have seen signs of support being added to support handwritten notes in KFX format. I have not seen signs of that for the older Kindle formats. That suggests to me that Amazon may start converting personal documents to KFX instead of KF8 (azw3) format later this year.

Last edited by jhowell; 09-29-2022 at 01:41 PM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote