Thread: Kindle Scribe
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 12:20 PM   #67
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
I may be in for this one. I had a DX-G back in the day and have missed it's size for years. There are certain types of books and documents I just don't even bother with on the smaller kindles that were fine on the DX-G.

I have recently contemplated an iPad for some of this stuff, including technical books, music books & sheet music, etc..

The ipad will be 3x-4x as expensive by the time I end up with what I want. It'd do more things but I already have a laptop which is better for a lot of things. I've tried the iPad before and the 9.5" screen at that time was too small. 10.2" is borderline for the sheet music stuff but good for most of the technical or music books. I sold the iPad after a couple years as it just wasn't doing enough for it's price and bought a Macbook instead.

I've had an awful lot of Kindles and a few other devices. I'm fine with no buttons. I have the Oasis 7" that does not have the warm light and now I have the current Paperwhite and the new Paperwhite is so wonderful I don't really care about the buttons. Any replacement for the Oasis would have to have battery life as good as the current Paperwhite as the difference is just so huge. The Oasis when new was the worst battery life of any Kindle I've had, the current Paperwhite is by far the best. I've had 3 Paperwhites, a Voyage, and the 1st and 2nd Oasis, maybe I have a problem.

The pen and it's features would just be bonus on the top.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote