View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 01:35 AM   #30
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I always have something to read, and if I get in a slump, I will happily reread a favorite series or simply start reading some of my favorite fan fics. I don't even have to be in a slump to reread favorites.
Yeah, I'm like that too I enjoy rereading favourite books, and favorite parts of books. Like the end of Bujold's Cryoburn, with a nice relaxed garden scene giving us a glimpse of a hopeful future for some of the protagonists, or the beginning of Charles' The Magpie Lord, where protagonist A meets protagonist B for the first time and thinks "He was incredibly unimpressive" (spoiler: looks are deceiving). I especially like rereading authors who do neat things with language, like Charles: "He strolled to a conclusion, as he hardly needed to jump."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
When I hit one of those, I read some comics/graphic novels. The fact that I now rarely read comics tells me I don't have those slums too often.
I find graphic novels harder to read than just text, for some reason. I have the complete Paper Girls. The plot, world and characters are interesting, and I like the drawing style, but I've only read the first (of 6) albums. (It's time travel/SF starting in the 1980s, and I especially like the 1980s part.)

Last edited by hildea; 01-10-2024 at 01:40 AM.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote