View Single Post
Old 04-01-2024, 04:29 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Natural View Post
Thanks for that info, had never heard that before. Just another reason I will never ever buy another kindle. Unfortunatey need to use the one I have for awhile.
But if this is a known issue, why doesn't Calibre give you a message telling you it can't be done when you run the update metadata function? And if it requires deleting then re-sending to accomplish then why doesn't it just do that? Instead it does nothing and you are sitting there trying to figure out why.
Probably because Kindle is not the only brand with a closed database, and the developers can't keep track of all such devices. Mind, that's speculation on my part, I‘m not a developer.

This inability to interact with Calibre was one of the reasons I switched from Kindles to Kobos a few years ago.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote