View Single Post
Old 05-22-2016, 01:15 PM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I thought that by now, we would have digital stores that could be individually customization, allowing people to easily find books (audio and ebooks) that were likely interesting to them. Unfortunately, I seem to have under estimated the drive to push people towards books the companies want to sell, rather than the books that I want to buy.

I'm not nearly in your category, only around 700 audiobooks, but I find it increasingly more and more frustrating to find audiobooks that I'm interested in. Way too much paging through page after page of authors I've never heard of and never want to hear of again, trying to find the authors that I am acttually interested in.

If Amazon could ever come up with a a watchlist that actually worked, i.e. send me an email whenever an author on my watchlist comes out with a new ebook (or audiobook in this case), I would be one happy camper.

I know that Amazon has a watch list, but I've never once gotten an email from them and I've had authors on my watch list for years. Most of those authors have had new ebooks and audio books come out during that time period. I've had more success with author alerts. I've come to the conclusion that the marketing types don't want people to actually use watch lists, kind of like how supermarkets shuffle things around every so often so you have to go through the whole store to find what you are looking for, in the hope that you will buy more stuff on impulse.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote