View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
rnbwpnt
rnbwpnt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I registered just for this thread.

I just spent two hours in chat with Audible about this. IMO the new format for the library is a complete and unmitigated disaster.

I have a library of over 5,400 (not a typo) titles in my collection. This means that the scripting garbage they've now installed and the complete inability to quickly scan titles completely breaks. Here are the complaints I listed for the Audible support people (I escalated, was promised a callback, and I told them if I don't have it reverted for at least my accounts at Monday 8am, I'll be calling corporate):

* You are unable to sort Z-A.
* You are unable to browse more than 20 items at a time.
* When you click Load More, doing so is incredibly slow.
* Sorting doesn't work if you are looking only at a category.
* You can't simply display a list of titles and scan them visually.
* You can't restrict displays to certain letters, for example, authors whose names begin only with J. To see J authors, I would have to "Load More" hundreds of times to get all the way to those authors.
* Loading that many books with that much scripting will eventually crash the browser.

The solution they offered was that I should try in Firefox, instead of the browsers I'd already tried (Chrome, Opera, Edge). With FF, I actually got the old library format, but the representative couldn't assure me that the new format would not be rolled out from under my feet while I'm actively using the site, so I could be screwed at any moment.

I've also sent a series of tweets @audible_com on the issue, and if I don't have my resolution, I'll be on the horn to corporate first thing Monday morning.

If you can't tell, I am incredibly angry at this.
rnbwpnt is offline   Reply With Quote