View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 09:48 PM   #43
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
A few books I’d like to read with the Salon:
  • Germinal by Emile Zola
  • Eugénie Grandet by Honoré de Balzac
  • Something by Anthony Trollope, not from either of the six-book series

And how about A Journal of the Plague Year by Daniel Defoe? In addition to its relevance, it would get us out of the 19th century.
I must confess I have never read anything by Zola and would really enjoy doing so with friends. I love Trollope and have enjoyed the works by Balzac I read long ago.

Some really interesting suggestions, issybird. It looks as if we are going to keep busy for several years, with these and other books suggested already!

Last edited by Bookpossum; 04-22-2021 at 09:50 PM.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote