View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #38
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
This version started with a brief forward in the form of a letter from Eliot to Harriet Beecher Stowe about the reaction to her portrayal of Jews. It was very insightful to see off the bat.
Thanks for the heads up.

I’ve borrowed the Penguin edition from OverDrive, hoping for good front matter (although frequently that can get too spoilery, at which point I drop it). I’m going to wait until just before the 15th to read it, however, at the end of the three-week lending period, although I suspect I’ll be able to renew.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote