View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 03:41 PM   #4
jwes
Enthusiast
jwes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
1. That is expected behaviour. It will paste to the previous last window open that has focus. If you can get a producible crash please provide the instructions how.
If you press a key, it goes into into the code window. It should be the same for both, and I would prefer it to go into the code window.
Quote:
2. Why?
Because generally you want to completely replace what is in the box, not edit it. Also most text editors work this way.
Quote:
4. Which order are you talking about? Search order and direction are controlled by your last Find and Replace setting. Please provide a sample epub and exact sequence of steps needed to see what you are referring to.
See the attached image and look at the offsets. It turns out if I click on Offset and then click on Book Path, it sorts the way I want, but it should be the default.

Quote:
6. You control which tab is closed. And showing a particular image and closing it adds it to the current tab order. Just close the tab you want.
The problem is which tab it shows after I close the image tab. I would like it to be the file I was working on that shows in the preview and not whatever file was rightmost before I opened the image.

Quote:
7. I am not seeing this at all. I can open any xhtml file so it shows in Preview. Then in CodeView open a CSS file that is linked to that xhtml file and see live changes. Sometimes if a css change is broken then Preview is not updated. Hitting the manual reload button in Preview fixes that.
Try this. Load an xhtml file. Right click on a class and select 'Go To Link Or Style'. Scroll the preview window down a few pages and click on a line. Now close the css tab or click on the xhtml tab. The xhtml tab and the preview window go back to where they were before scrolling. What I would like is for a click in the preview window to sync the xhtml tab to the corresponding position even if the xhtml tab is not the active tab. Of course, I could remember to switch back to the xhtml tab before scrolling the preview window.
Quote:
8. That is already a variable delay. As long as you are actually still typing, no update of Preview is scheduled. If you pause typing, then after a short interval Preview will auto update.
It's that short interval I would like to make longer. I'm not a great typist and when the image in the preview window jumps and flickers, it makes me worse. This goes with the problem below.
Quote:
9. Yes we are reloading the full xhtml file in Preview and then scrolling to where CodeView
tells us to go. I can not see this on my MacOS machine but I use normal file sizes with few images and I have a fast machine.

On a slower machine with many images, fonts and larger than typical file sizes (ie. cramming more than one chapter into a single file) the reload delay becomes more noticeable.

Splitting xhtml to hold only one chapter, and turning off auto red squiggle spell checking normally helps speed things up.
If you could suppress refreshing the display until after scrolling, it would be cleaner, but I don't know if that would be difficult.
jwes is offline   Reply With Quote