View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #36
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Screen having trouble with recognizing a stylus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Here the new release of the firmware

for Onyx Boox i62HD

UPD. July 18th
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120717.zip
The metadata pre-fetching has been put background, that will not interfere the UI. And the setting for displaying file name or book title in three views was added too.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Up...e-20120626.zip

Made some improvements in the software and bigger icons on status bar (for more comfortable finger navigation)
I have the 20120717 version of the firmware running on my i62HD.

I've tried to use a stylus from the Sony PRS-950SC which has the same touch screen technology and the screen appears to barely recognize the presence of the stylus. It appears the software driver is configured to recognize only large objects such as fingers and not thinner objects such as a stylus.

In handwriting mode the stylus is recognized for a short period of time so you get a partial line and then the screen stops recognizing the stylus probably thinking it is invalid input.

Using a stylus is necessary in order to be able to place highlighting accurately and for the handwriting features of the i62HD.

Please let me know how I can go about getting this corrected.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote