View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 07:40 PM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I am wondering if there is any correlation between reading more than one book at a time and abandoning books.

I never read more than one at a time, and I never DNF, but it seems like reading multiple books at the same time would make it easier to abandon one or more of them. Is it?

As someone who used to read a LOT of multiple books simultaneously (but now much less so), I can say that for me it took away a lot of the book's pleasure to read so many books at once.

I now try to limit myself to reading about four books, switching off from one to the other:

1) A literary collection of short stories
2) A literary novel (or novella)
3) A horror collection (or anthology)
4) A horror novel (or novella)

I'm now having a lot more fun with my reading. This makes my DNF much less.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-16-2022 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added 'who'
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote