View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 04:27 PM   #13
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I've always wondered why people use desktop clients. I've never used one; I access all my email online. The main reason for this is the size of my inbox - over 70 GB now
I like to have control over my correspondence, and I don't want to deal with the constant, pointless redesigns that webmail gets every few years. I want a consistent experience that isn't at the mercy of some random programmer's whims or littered with advertising. I have all my e-mail from the last 20 years, and it's only 848 MiB. I've also had e-mail providers go kaput on me multiple times, and I still have my messages stored locally, because I didn't trust their servers to be online forever.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote